Basic Maintenance Checking and Changing Serpentine Belts
Tools required - socket & ratchet set, screwdriver, combination wrench set, pry bar
1 - Open the hood and locate the serpentine belt routing diagram. Look for cracking, fraying and any other signs of distress.
2 - Locate the belt tensioner
3 - Move the tensioner to loosen the belt and remove the belt.
4 - Install the new belt and double check that is the same as before.
5 - Start the engine and run for a few minutes. Stop engine then recheck tension by pushing on the belt between
two pulleys. The belt should not move more than half an inch.
Click to Get Started!
Submitted by A&A Webmaster: February 20, 2015
- TTX is Changing the game
- We Just Updated The Mevotech Company Page
- We have XtremeStop Brake Pads And Rotors
- We Now Carry Dorman HD Solutions
- Street Dreams Car Show 2016
- Count's Kustoms in Hamilton
- RARE Rogers Auto Racing Enterprises
- NEW: Wagner OEX Brake Pads
- CarbonMax Rotors by ProMax
- Quick-Latch products